So, one day I was thinking about something that my 14 year old son and I could do long-term together to foster a continued bonding experience that would strengthen our relationship, create more time for us to spend together, that was fun and we have the possibility of making little money too! Initially I was considering metal detecting and then I came across an article about panning for gold in Southern California. Being that I am a country girl from Alabama and grew up doing all sorts of outdoors activities like hunting, fishing, camping, playing in the creeks and rivers etc., Therefore, panning for gold seemed right up my alley. So, I tried it once with my son on the East Fork of the San Gabriel River and I have been "hooked" ever since. Please come back to visit my thread as I post about the adventures and mis-adventures of My Gold Prospecting Journey. (Although, I've got a few trips to add to get you all caught up to speed so stay tuned.) Please feel free to offer me suggestions, share your knowledge, ask questions or just laugh along with me and the other guests. Thanks for visiting or subscribing to my thread and I hope you enjoy reading along! Here goes....